Sunday, August 24, 2014

Why Not Dual Stream to Get a Good Singer

Answer:  I can't hear the singer in a dual stream.  That can't work with the way I play as I need to hear you and see your eyes so we can talk as it goes.

Too bad the Mystery Lady is a thousand miles from here as she could knock the song out of the world.  Visualize her doing it in her "Rebel Yell" shape, jumping up and down while she sang.

Sonya is three+ hours from here in Austin and I'd be damn proud if she did it but getting around is a bitch.

These are things that can't happen and I'll sing it myself as I want to do it that way just now.  There are 59 minutes charge on the video camera so there's one serious shot at getting it this afternoon.  I decided I wanted to capture video and audio if I'm to do it at all.  I'm not going to make it contingent on going into SL as it wouldn't be good to divide the focus.

I may go completely underground for this and disappear off the net so I focus on it entirely.  This has built up to something enormous in me along with the thinking I'll never record something in this way again as it's fairly difficult even though it's an easy song to play.  The emotion around all of this is wearing my old ass out.

Above all I don't want it composed.  For the music I want to make, it's an interesting balance to get a tune at a high level of focus without 'composing' it is impossible but there's a step beyond that in which every note is charted and that comes two ways, either on paper or by memorizing it.  If I repeat it enough times, I will memorize it and that, for me, is the trap as I won't respect it anymore.  I need to be a little bit afraid of it.

Right now one or our number still sleeps or I probably would be giving it a go already.

Hopefully all this blather will be worth it, that the song really delivers it to you.  We'll see.

No comments: