Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Chocolate Monkeys on a Trapeze"

There's a troop of chocolate monkeys
up swinging on that trapeze
you can eat them if you want to
or do just what you please.

But you know how it goes
when you're watching chocolate monkeys
You want so much to eat one
and nothing comes for free.


Maybe take it and go hide away
keep that monkey for yourself
I so much love my chocolate
and I won't share with someone else.

More and more I want that chocolate
and I'll take just what I want
I think I'll grab that smaller one,
he looks a little gaunt.


But he's all made out of chocolate
and that's just what I need.
I'll eat it because I love it,
this isn't simple greed.

The monkeys cried, "Don't do this,"
we just came here to play
Is there really not a hope here
Is there nothing we can say?

We don't want to be confection
what we practice is our art
but you only see the chocolate
and want to eat us a la carte.


It's all in entertainment
some dance or some shoot guns
but, please, not at chocolate monkeys
when they're swinging in the sun.

It's all color, sound, and motion,
just as pretty as you please
when you see the chocolate monkeys
up there on that trapeze.


The new Ferguson reality TV show will now follow the shows, "Lesbian Amputees in a Cave in a Forest" and "Focus on Kim Kardashian's Backside."

No comments: