Thursday, August 21, 2014

"X Last Live "- X JAPAN (video)





My ol' Dad used to say the trouble with rock is that it had no dancers so the drummers sucked and consequently so did the beat.  You can hear it in my drum machine which was five hundred rock beats ... and they're all almost exactly the same.  (There is one built-in at 7/4 and that was cool yesterday, tho)

Yoshiki is probably the best composer who ever went into rock and he's the drummer.  He's also a phenomenal musician and, in fact, both are percussion instruments but I have never seen anyone who lived that like Yoshiki.

I wouldn't turn out for any other band in the world but if I could I would go to see these guys.  No-one is ever going take back shredding from them unless it's a being from another planet.  Visual kei owns it now and has for over twenty years.

Go to see them as there's no chance they can keep up this kind of physical show indefinitely.

No comments: