Sunday, August 9, 2015

"Ice Cream Blues" (poem)

Time melts like an ice cream
  when you leave it in the sun.
Doesn't matter how you use it.
  singin' blues or havin' fun.

Time melts like an ice cream
  it flows out in the sand.
And if you try to keep it
  then it just melts in your hand.

I'd like to have me an ice cream
  I'd love to take it home
But time melts like an ice cream
 and again you're all alone


The lyrics were never intended to be written and these ones were just for completeness.  In doing it live, I'll go with whatever comes to my head.  The song doesn't have enough oblique references, spurious metaphors, and awkward syntax to qualify as poetry but we don't care, we just like to play some blues .... once in a VERY rare while.

If you started into any 12-bar with The Freezbirds, they would put down the instruments and walk out of the room.  Seriously.  I still miss those guys.

No comments: