Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Grand Re-Opening of the Donate Button

With great fanfare, ticker tape, and a flyover by obsolete military aircraft, the Donate Button returns.  It was so beautiful.  Ceremonies like this (sob) always make me cry.

There is not an immediate crisis as there were some highly-unexpected surprises at Christmas and they will get me through to the end of the month plus permit me to fix some Things that Seriously Sucked and in some cases caused painful suckage.

Note:  take the ergonomics with great seriousness.  That stuff is important.

Nevertheless, anything you can kick toward it will be most appreciated as almost all of this kit is five years old or older.  The synth was used when I got it.  Sooner or later something is going to break.  Bad chow is the ongoing problem and no particularly good answer.



There's been a lot of cancer coming out of Facebook this last week and it's been a supreme battle to keep it off the blog.  I'm pleased that it didn't come here as it's holding rigid that I will not yield to it.  That's good but it's wearing.

(Ed:  why do it?)

Tinkerbell is there and I have no other access.  I see her write something and she sees it from me so both know we are still breathing and not a word needs to be said.  We do anyway but not about that.  That is also the path to the others as they get the same information from it and I will as well should there be anything I need to know.

The rest of it is anthropology as seeing the reactions to things in people is interesting ... so long as they're not idiots.  The idiot filtration has been effective and conversation can be worthwhile.  Nevertheless it winds down as the number of contacts in there is under fifty and dropping.  That's good as it drops to a level at which it really may be worthwhile to use it and there's no chance of attack or it drops to zero and I'm out of there.

It may be a surprise but online confrontations rip my guts up.  Playing goes out the window because I'm obsessed with whatever is in-play online.  The approach to things on the blog is very deliberate for your health and for mine.

Maybe you'll take some irony in the knowledge there really was a War on Christmas and a highly-determined one but the blog held tight and I'm most pleased.  I'm not going to wobble on this as I like this ground and always have.  Peace, Love, and Understanding ... it's Elvis.

As to recording the video, it will come.  There was some poisonous stuff seething about and that sapped a lot of strength.  I didn't originate any of it, this came as the idea for multiple people that it would be a peach of a Christmas miracle.

(Ed:  isn't that bringing it back here?)

No, that's just what happened.  Bringing it back here is if I permit the poison to affect me and write things I would not otherwise have written.  I look back over the month and there's nothing hurtful in it so the vibe is set and it's a good one.  Please do feel free to unbuckle your seat belts at this time as we will stay at this altitude for a while and this aircraft is way too cool for turbulence.

No comments: