Friday, December 26, 2014

Video Load is Now Defunct as an Action Item

Forty minutes of video were loaded and that is one painful process (insert whine about painfully-slow processor).  That much is done and "The Silas TechnoHypnoGroove Christmas Song" is fading but the second one has got a beat and that's likely the one to put online.

The audio sync isn't straight yet but that's just annoyance through tedium type of stuff.  There's not much to be done to process the audio other than compress it.

What varies is how much to jack the video.  This is an LTH production (i.e. Less Than Hollywood) and using lots of effects won't make a dreamboat out of it.  There's a balance in the middle that will make it more interesting but every step toward that costs rendering time and I don't see why but it seems to cost transcoding time as well.  That's the part that's the bitch as I would crank these out much faster but those processes take hours, particularly if I pile on a whole lot of effects.

It's close enough that I probably should have at least one uploaded tomorrow.  It's late but so is the Christmas Card that Can't Possibly Arrive on Time.  I do have the card and it will arrive fashionably late.  I want a particular stamp but I don't want to buy a book of them.  It might be worth it as it's a cool stamp and I never use them but Yevette does.  More on that after it arrives.

No comments: