Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Silas TechnoHypnoGroove Christmas Song - Take III

Take II came and went but this last shot went on for satisfyingly long.  This time the drums aren't so nuts but they wound up heavy with tom toms.  I'm not sure if Christmas really needs tom toms but you never know.

Scene from "Love Actually:"  (Discussing the upcoming Christmas play at school)

Mother:  I wasn't aware of any lobsters in the Nativity scene.
Daughter (dressed as a lobster):  Oh yes.  Two of them.


So anything that works is ok for Christmas so the tom toms are in.  That part is medium cool but the part with the angel voices and the bells drives this.  They play melodies and they're similar but not the same so they make chords between them.

It's in F minor as the A2 or A3 key is still busted and Santa can't fix that so transpose.  The differences between keys are subtle so you wonder am I hearing it, am I really, really hearing it.  You have feelings from the play but the music would suck if you didn't so how much of that came from the content of the play and how much of it is inherent in this key or that one.

(Ed:  isn't that about as pointless as you can get?)

Absolutely but it's deliciously pointless as how the mind perceives music is endlessly fascinating to me.

It's not recorded but I'm liking it more for doing it in real-time and making a video of that.  I do see the date and know I have to get cracking on some filming.

Yes, I did take a bath ... well, yesterday.

No comments: