Monday, December 15, 2014

Why Isn't the Blog Content Like What I Write on Facebook

Mystery Lady, there isn't much I can give but I know your heart is true in the cause of peace so it's for you.  That you still talk to me shows me all the more you have one of the biggest hearts of anyone I ever knew.  People talk the way they do on Facebook because they're terrified of actually getting to know each other.  I do know you and that is for me a tremendous honor.  I know precisely how much you loathe political combat and I tell you it ain' goin' happen.

As far as I know, you're one of the few people in the country who would willingly permit me in their homes and you really do believe.  Of course it's for you.  I wish I could do more.






You may know some of this but likely not all.  Not so long after I got to Rhode Island, I botched a suicide attempt.  By my calculation it should have worked but I botched it.  I was advised by psychologists that the way to survive divorce / suicide is by 'extinction' (i.e. no talk, no visit, nothing).  This wasn't advice but rather manipulation as the reason for saying that was to prevent any attempt at reconciliation.  I was too screwed-up to recognize it for what it was and that is my shame.  Drugs had nothing to do with it as I didn't take anything until very close to when I left the state almost ten years later.

Dwelling on that shame is my problem but that takes nothing from the pride I feel in having made this song with you and that time while we recorded the vocals in that crumby little hole on McMicken is something I will never forget.  That may well have been my finest moment in music and I'm so damn proud it was with you.  Unlike the squeaky, screechy soprano wannabes who are so annoyingly common these days, you sing it like a woman and what an incredible woman.

I hope in some small way this can bring some Merry to your Christmas.

No comments: