Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Lily on the Beach" - Tangerine Dream (video)

In 1991, my body was seriously broken after a bike crash and the only part of me that would move was my right arm.  I was bedridden for months on end as my pelvis was broken in two places and I had trouble believing I would walk again.  My shoulder was obliterated as that is what hit the car first.  I had no belief I would ever be able to play again.  The most recent surgery on it was only a few years ago.

It was during that time when I discovered Tangerine Dream and developed a lifetime love.  I didn't know then the band is emblematic of krautrock.  (Wiki:  Lily on the Beach)





The CD would play through and I would only play it again.  I was heavily-drugged on pain medication but this was a light that shone right through it and I love them to this day.  I had a remote control for the CD player and I would just click play it again, Sam.

Whether this music has actual healing powers is for you to determine but I believe it.  I walk again and I play again.


Note:  Some criticized the Mystery Lady for 'leaving me alone' during this time but her continuance with her schooling for nursing was by mutual agreement.  Put yourself in the same situation with your wife and ask yourself what you would do.  Ask her to stay and babysit you or insist she continue with something vitally important.  After that training she went on to take care of a countless number of people so don't even think about telling me the decision was wrong by either of us.

No comments: