Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Silas Plays Christmas - Updated Again

Well, it's not exactly Christmas and, well, it's not Boxing Day either ... but the day after that.  Mania Muircastle invited me and we've got some history now so I'm happy to give it a shot.  I will play for half an hour as it's better to do a gig that's not long enough than to stumble doing an hour.

There are also some others as I will play on New Year's Eve for Grateful Stryker and I also accepted an invitation from zaphod Enoch to play in Dorena's World.  I've never been there before but he said a Metropolis sign-in will work there.

Sister Julie also asked me to play and at first I declined but I'll call her back up and tell her what has been happening.  (Update:  this show is now happening and working out a date for it)

This may be over-extending but the operating principle is this:  if you ain't tryin', yo' ass is dyin'.


Note:  I am not soliciting gigs.  These are for friends.  To play enough gigs to make any real jingle isn't feasible so I will enjoy the ones I do and hopefully so will people who attend.  Playing too many gigs isn't, specifically in my world, good for my music so I'm happy to do what is scheduled and we'll see after that.


Also, I had an idea as I've told you how dangerous it is in this room and I thought what I might do is film walking around in it at the light level that usually exists here (i.e. not much).  My favorite is trying to make it to the couch to crash and turning off the devices along the way is big fun in the dark.

It sounds like it would make more sense to turn the light off last but then I have to make it to the couch with no hint of where the devices are.  That's a guaranteed crash although not on the couch.

Unknown if it would be a cool video as it would be mostly darkness.  I'm a bit curious, tho.


Update:  there won't be back tracks.  That would be like giving a Christmas gift just because you're tired of having it!

No comments: