Thursday, December 25, 2014

We're Done with Christmas Now, Right?

Nope.

There's no plan to change anything.

(Ed:  there was so much Christmas in the review of "The Road")

That was a public service.  It's my gift to you because I love you and want to save those two hours of your life if it isn't too late already.  I did not know what to expect and selected it because it was ranked well for relatively-new sci-fi.  Based on that ranking, I conclude now the judges typically specialize in Super Bowl commercials.

Watching sci-fi is risky as there is so much complete crap but it's always been more than just watching spaceships.  "The Mote in God's Eye" is one of the most personally important books I have ever read and it was concerned greatly with the sociological implications of unlimited reproduction.  I recommend it highly and regard it as an insightful piece of work.

"Star Wars" didn't do too much for sci-fi with its endless sword fights and a generally puerile story ... but it was cool to watch when you're stoned.  For any enduring interest, it's got to carry a lot more beef than that ... although it was cool to watch when you're stoned.

So I'm not seeing a huge need to run "Ave Maria" every day but it's such an exquisitely beautiful song and I heard one today by Jessye Norman who sings in a rich soprano and does a magnificent job in a classical rendition of it.

You know ... why not.  One more time with all the love in the Universe.  It's Christmas.


No comments: