Tuesday, December 23, 2014

If You Had California for the Trifecta

Then come on down and claim your prize as the rescue is on its way to Yevette to save her from the banal circumstance of California so she can return to the scintillating sparkle of the Internet with its cat videos, techno Christmas lights, and (cough) Facebook.

(As with most of you, she doesn't use Facebook)

There is still the matter of getting some Christmas Cards That Can't Possibly Arrive on Time but the Yevette rescue has been blocking things as that absolutely had to happen.  Yevette is getting a pretty hard ride this Christmas and this may help.


Holy mackerel, a miracle!

I don't look at my bank account much as it's not such an exciting voyage but I had to know how much damage I did with this stunt and I was suddenly not screwed.

Thank you, Santa.  I guess you know I've been spinning things but I promise I'm not hiding some terrible catastrophe.  Now I eat until payday for sure!

With your help the Yevette rescue happens.  It all goes around.


Expectations are what screw Christmas.  I haven't been expecting anything and I've been having a good old time trying to figure, well, ain't much loot here but you must be able to come up with something you can give.  That's not even close to a sad exercise as it's been making the season for me and is a huge part of why there is no combat or reason for it on the blog.  In many ways, desperate as it may seem, this is more Christmas than it's been in a long time.

As Bill Murray said, "You get hungry for it.  You want it to be like this all the time."

Well, we should be able to manage that.


Unknown if a show will happen later as I'm gassed and more will happen between now and then.  We'll see how things play.

No comments: