Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Silas TechnoHypnogroove Christmas Song

The loop plays in the background right now as it's hypnotic for some stupid reason I don't even understand.

Yes, it does have bells.  A Christmas song has to have bells.  And it has angel voices as you've got to have angels plus a li'l cherub with a triangle.

(No, I am not making this up)

It also uses a big synth with arpeggiation as you wonder where did that come from.  Where indeed.

It might have groovulousness.  This is the in-between with playing guitar with it.  Usually I kill the loop when I sit down as it will be there when I come back but still it plays.  Mystifying effect.

The object isn't to be shocking, maybe like Hendrix doing "The Star-Spangled Banner," but rather to use the voices that feel relevant to how I want it to feel.  There will be no disrespect in it or the song is a fail.  It isn't going to fail ... or I murder it before it ever sees daylight.  Life is hard for one my loops.

If not this loop then I will work up another one.  It's a very slow build as I use a lot of instruments and I can pass that off as growing ambience ... but only for so long.

I love how this stuff comes out of nowhere.  I start thinking, man, you need to be playing something and maybe not even anything in particular in mind ... just make some music happen.  Then it does happen and all I can say is thank you to the Necromancer.

(This Necromancer doesn't steal souls or have any other nasty habits, he just likes to talk to them.)


Sometimes people from Facebook may read this and question what's real but if you don't know already then you probably never will.  Facebook won't teach you anything except that I will not back down from my positions on things and I won't be intimidated into it.  Facebook is just a performance.  Some realize it and likely many don't.  I don't mean just for me but for themselves.

The thirty days of Christmas aren't going to stop as I have no intention of taking positions on things because the absurdity of world relationships becomes less interesting when it's predictably ludicrous.  For example, typically conflict in the Middle East means fuel prices rise but now I hear the price of fuel in the $2.xx dollar per gallon range.  Somebody is gaming the whole world.  Unknown who that someone may be but it's probably to break Putin or some such grand endeavor and then it runs back up again.  Roly poly fish heads, eat 'em up, yum.  There's money going down and there's money going up.  Hi de ho.

So there's no debate as oil goes down, it goes back up.  We've seen this so many times and all we know from that is roly poly fish heads, eat 'em up, yum.  I'll be going with the Silas TechnoHypnoGroove Christmas Song instead.

Right now it gestates as there is Near Coolness but I'm thinking the next one is The Coolness ... or the one after that.

No comments: