Thursday, December 25, 2014

Taking It to the Lazy on Christmas - Updated

I ain't doin' nothin'.  Nope, nothin' whatsoever.  I started watching "The Road" but it's highly morose. It's like Mad Max but without the crazy cars.  Who needs morose for Christmas so I may kick this one.

I keep meaning to edit the video but I haven't even listened to the audio yet.  Bone lazy, that's how it's goin' here.

In fact, I can keep a serious lazy going until Saturday as I'm scheduled to play then for Mania Muircastle.  It will only be a half hour set but that's what I requested.  I will open for thirty and then Michi Renoir will play a full set followed by a number of others in Mania's Christmas party.


(Ed:  so when does the video show up?)

Guilt pangs have already started.  It's already in my head that at least I could copy the video from the camera onto the SD card so it's ready to load.  Once it starts it's unstoppable as I've got to know if it worked.  I'm guessing four to six hours to get it finished and online.


Note:  there's a significant consideration in the load process as maybe you remember a previous video that lost audio sync after about ten or fifteen minutes.  This one runs about the same length so the same thing applies.  I have a theory for why it happened but I don't have an airtight answer so that could put a big change on things.  We'll see.


Update:

There's a hole in me lazy and I had to find out if the audio is crap.  The first and second tunes definitely have the groovulosity I want and I'll wait to see the video before anything on the lead.  There's a problem with the second one in that there's some clipping and there's no cure for that.  You've got to have the headroom.  Whether that's fixable with some tinkering is yet to be discovered. It's not awful but you can't hide a clip, it does or it doesn't.

So that was productive enough to say, yep, did something and now it's time to screw off some more.  I'll give "The Road" a little more time but if all it has to say is everybody dies then I don't think I really need that sunshine in my life just now.  We'll see.

No comments: