Thursday, December 11, 2014

Silas Plays a Full Set at Cat's Art MusikCircus

If you can't be good, be beautiful, right?


Cat shot the pic.  Danke meine Schmuseling!

The plan for the set was to open with back tracks and kick it up.  Instead they kicked me and there's no need for the technicalities except that audio problems ran away with it.  I've never used a solo computer to do this before because it's a never-ending pain in the ass ... but sometimes this kit works ... and then it doesn't.  What changes in-between is mystifying as it's not like I spend all my time twiddling knobs.  Maybe the answer is to set everything back to zero and re-build it.  That's ok ... but not tonight as I'm gassed.

The main deal was going an hour fifteen without taking a dive.  I did push it too far but not so far that it caused wobbles so overall I'm pleased even if my play wasn't what I know it can be.  Sometimes survival is plenty and that's fine.

It was a no-ganja gig which is kind of unusual but I don't believe that had anything to do with making mistakes as they just come from tiredness.

For me music is always Christmas as it's always giving something away.

No comments: