Monday, December 22, 2014

Is She the Baby or the Baby Mama

Lotho sent a pic to Yevette but she didn't know what to say because she wasn't sure if the pic is The Baby Who Isn't a Baby Anymore or the pic is the Mama of the Baby Who Isn't a Baby Anymore.

The last time I saw her, The Baby really wasn't too babyish anymore but she was still teeny tiny and had every ingredient of adorable.  I've seen a few pics and she's grown so much which I realize is just about the corniest thing you can say on seeing a kid after a few years but, dayum, she has grown so much.

I can't see the pic Yevette is seeing but it's charming to think she can't tell for sure if she's grown-up.  Mostly that was because of some kind of Christmas costume but the Baby Mama has some radical tastes in clothing so it easily could have been either one of them.



The term 'baby mama' isn't one I like as the original Mother is Mary the Virgin and after her your own Mother and I don't think either is a baby mama.  I doubt Pope Francis uses the expression very much relative to the birth of Jesus.  Of course this is just a hunch and times change but I'm reasonably confident I'm correct on this.

When I think of 'mama,' I think of a big woman in a cathouse.  Oh-feel-ya, Oh-feel-ya, Papa done come on home.

(Ed: where's the Christmas in that?)

Depending on your perspective, there could be quite a lot of Christmas in it.  Miss Parton was running a cathouse, after all.

(Ed:  so that's how one can segue from the Virgin Mary to Dolly Parton)

Right.  That's why you shop here.


Note:  I'm not going to crack and get cynical at the last minute.  I was going to hold off on Nat King Cole until Christmas Eve but I've been hearing some early Christmas bum-out setting into people so take it away, Nat King Cole:


No comments: