Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Story of a Lost Elephant

The story of the lost elephant will not be retold in detail and I won't post the video because it's tragic. Briefly, the elephant was provoked by the selfish stupidity of some tourists in a wild animal preserve. It charged the car and smashed it up.  The people were not injured but the elephant was put to death.

There was a bit of a tussle with Lotho on this as I said they should have shot the tourists and Lotho took great issue with this given he hears it from someone staunchly opposed to capital punishment.  I tried a compromise of, well, how about if the elephant squished them instead.  Would that be ok.

No, that would not be ok (laughs).

He had not seen the video up until that point but, after viewing, he said could go with sending the people to a Soviet Re-Education Camp.  I said I would be satisfied if the people accepted what they had done and apologized for it.  Thus far that has not happened.


The reason for telling you is it's a good example of the confusion that comes from online, possibly inevitably.  I talked with Lotho not long after that and there was no confusion at all.  Here was the sound of my brother's voice and I haven't heard that in about two years.  I even heard Mrs Lotho's voice so double the treat.

Christmas sometimes comes in very strange ways but the best parts don't cost a bean.


(Ed:  it wasn't much of a Christmas for the elephant)

Definitely not but hopefully the publicity regarding this incident makes people more sensible about such things in the future and that will keep other elephants alive.   It's just the same as the article a few days ago on swimming with sharks:  How About a Bit of Shark Terror as You Are Still Food

No comments: