Monday, December 15, 2014

The Pick of the Picks

There's no telling how long it takes a few guitar picks to get to Hawaii but I promise they're trying and have been for a while now.  Of anything I could possibly give, this has got to be the most pitiful but I'm happy to fulfill the request.

It's been one hell of a time since I last saw you but I remember a shock of black hair, a constant smile,  a deep love of music, and an ass-kicking game of chess.  I don't think I ever saw you pissed off about anything.

I haven't at all forgotten about a video project for you and the t-shirt you said would be best is on the top of the stack.  There isn't anywhere else to put them so clean stuff gets stacked and dirty stuff goes in a pile.  I have a system!

Various difficulties have come up lately and there's no Christmas in a sad story so the answer is to get it done, mofo.  I did try the tune I was thinking of playing for it but then came the "Love Actually" moment.  One of the people in the movie is a burn-out rock god who wants one last hit so he decides to make a Christmas song.  As he's recording it he stops and says to his producer, his good friend,  and says, "This is shit isn't it?"

The producer friend smiles, nods his head, and says, "Yep, it's shit."

That one makes me laugh just thinking of it.  I love that movie.

I don't know how much Christmas you'll find in some crumby guitar picks but the thought is there.  I hope it's a great season for you.

No comments: