Sunday, December 14, 2014

What About the Music

There's not much of interest in re-ordering the kit but the guitar synthesizer is officially fired and removed from the mix and the floor along with all supporting cables.  Any future use of it will be for special purposes in which I will use both synthesizers at once with it.  Doing that sort of thing offers unbelievable creative potential but it's not exactly what chanson might need.

Removing the cables was significant as the one from the guitar to the synth added substantially to the drag in moving around.  I don't think there is a cable fatter than a 13-pin MIDI cable, actually.  So it was a beast and now it's fired.

Part of the clean-up was organizing all the poetry and there's a three-inch stack of notebooks and looseleaf sheets.  There must be hundreds of them and that presents a bit of a situation as what do I do with them.  I haven't any interest in writing another book as an exercise of that nature has to produce money or it wastes my time.  Playing is difficult but it's inherently fulfilling whereas formatting copy for a book is in the class of button-sorting, Facebook debating, and chasing after cars barking like a dog.

Grateful Stryker asked if I would play at Sunshine Daydream for New Year's Eve and I told him I would.  He's never been one to be overcome by his own ego and we go back many years.  There's a problem with it as one of the people who hangs there was involved when the equipment was stolen in Dallas.  My general plan is to mute the person before I go there as then I will not be able to see the individual nor will I hear anything the person says.  That may seem wimpy but I'll be in Grateful's home and getting into a confrontation has so much wrongness that you don't need me to describe it.  I'm sure he'll be cool with it if I'm only good for a half-hour set.

(Ed:  aren't you getting ahead of yourself.  Where's the Christmas?)

It's the same thing and I do have to get ahead as the invitation couldn't wait until the last minute and now it's news.  I have no intention of reverting after Christmas back to any particular forum for politics, etc.  I'm well aware of what has been happening but there is nothing to gain by commenting. Yesterday some guy was going to come down here to kill me because of my 'libtard' views and that was just online braggadocio but I'm tired of being hated for what I believe.

The only things that matter are the light, the love, and the music.  If you see one, you can see them all and anything else entering that realm is nothing more than interference.  Therefore, lose the interference.

The next four or five days are always the worst of the year for me.  I'm not going to explain why as my purpose is to continue just as I have been.  It won't assuage my own guilt but there's no reason anyone else should experience it.

The Mystery Lady suggested trying chanson and I do like the idea as that's exactly what "But It's Christmas" needs.  I plunked out a short melody on the piano and tried singing it a few times and I know it will feel credible to anyone listening as it's all true, it may even sound credible as you don't have to be Pavorotti to sing chanson.  There are other projects I've mentioned but this one, most likely because of the time of year, has moved up to the top.

The melody for the song wound up in D but not for any particular reason.  It just seemed it ought to be there and it felt comfortable that way.  Remember chanson is not about grandstanding.  There will definitely be no lasers nor flashing lights and I imagine I'll try to get close to the way videos I've seen were done in which the set is ultra-minimalistic with nothing but a close-up on the singer against a black background.  I'll have to get a whole lot more beautiful for that to be cool so I'll settle for being on-key.

I must be getting something right as the blog hit around five hundred today.  I haven't the faintest notion who you are and I really don't know all that well what you come to read.  The statistics aren't particularly good like that but it's alright as knowing what people read the most would lead me to cater to that and then I'm just a hack who might as well write for CNN.

No comments: