Friday, October 24, 2014

"The Paradise Song" (Mixed English / Deutsch w/translation)

To really call yourself an artist, you have to finish what you start and "Abandoning Paradise" is not complete without the song in it.

The ability to play anything is declining rapidly and the guitar gets heavier every time I hoist her up.  Maybe you would think a bass is heavy but that thing is balsa wood next to the Galaxy Guitar, it's just long.  (Insert bigger is better joke)

The "Paradise Song" is crucial as everywhere I go there are crazy people with guns.  There are billboards along the highway that tell you to stop right here if you need help making a holster.  That's right after the Praise Jesus billboard.  I haven't seen one yet that said Pass the Ammunition.  If I go into a McDonald's (I don't), there's a very good chance that someone in there will have a gun in his pocket.

This is the penance for divorcing the Mystery Lady but it's deeper as I never should have fucked up her life in the first place.  I'm not at all forgetting how fantastically beautiful it was to sing with her and a million other things but in the end I'm more destructive than a wrecking crew and I will never ever forget.  What happens now is what I deserve.

The only way to forgiveness is to put it right and that can't be done.  The only thing that comes even close for her and anyone who has been demented enough to love me is to make "The Paradise Song." Yevette has shown a profound love as she doesn't ask for anything except to be her friend.

The techno tunes are something I can do as it's all in software.  I can take samples and chop, puree, make a souffle ... but that's not what I do.  DD loves to do that and she's very good at it but that isn't my instrument.  For one thing it takes WAY the hell too much patience.  DD is one determined lady and I admire that.


So, depressed ... ok, I'll buy that.  People want to call it self-pity maybe but it doesn't matter.  This is grim stuff as I've been identifying with Algernon for quite a while as things have slipped away.  It's not a problem how it turns out but rather what happens in-between and I don't know if Algernon has another song in him.  This crushes me to the floor.

I do get up and I did try playing for Cat tonight.  The wobbling is very bad and the quality except for a little bit at the end was ... well.  The first loop was 1/16th note short and that can't be fixed once you start it looping.  There's no way to recover as nothing can possibly add up correctly.

I also tried playing piano earlier as well and that was toward a loop also.  It's not as physically-strenuous but it's still wearing and I wasn't satisfied with the result although I do enjoy playing  in F minor (lots of black keys).

There were three reasons for the blog when it started and this is a long history.  In no particular order, the ones are the Mystery Lady, Lotho, and Yevette.  Right now Yevette can't even see it and likely won't for months.  Lotho is pissed and I'm sure he believes he has good reason.  The Mystery Lady ist ein Schmetterling dass manchmal werde hier fliegen.  (She is a butterfly that sometimes flies here.)

Gestern ihre Name Deutscher war.
(Yesterday her name was German)

Mein Grammatik ist nicht richtig aber noch ich versuche.
(My grammar is not right but still I try.)

Wenn ich mit Cat reden, dass ist auf Englisch.
(When I talk to Cat, that's in English.)

Vielleicht ist "Das Paradies Song" auf Deutsch denn hat es mehrere Spiegel in das Raum.
(Perhaps "The Paradise Song" is in German as then there are more mirrors in the room.)

Cat ist so viel "Das Paradies Song" aber Paradies ist für jeder.  Diese ist ein Lied von mein Lieb aber auch ist es Leute ich verletzten haben und immer kann ich das Trauer fühlen.

(Cat is so much "The Paradise Song" but Paradise is for everyone.  This is a song of my love but also it is for people I have hurt as I always feel that sorrow.)

"Das Paradies Song" musst auf Deutsch und auch auf Englisch sein.
("The Paradise Song" must be in German and English.)


Ich muss diese Lied schreiben, machen, etc.
(I must make, write, etc this song.)



Tangentially related is that Cat gave a beautiful review of "It's for You" as she appreciated the production and story that went into it.  Like me, she has a low tolerance for half-ass so I appreciated it that she saw the flow of it and it worked for her.  She didn't like the song and this is a reason I love her as she will tell me.  In fact, it would have surprised me if she liked it as even though it's a fairly aggressive song, it's way, the way, the way the hell mainstream.

"Das Paradies Song" is not this one.  "It's for You" is a special thing that is its own star in the Universe and nothing can ever touch that.

"Das Paradies Song" is what did you learn from all these years, bluesman.  And don't tell me it's I-IV-V 12-bar because your ass won't last the first four bars before the bottles start flying and there's no chicken wire on this stage.

Cat, I'm sorry I speak in what's close to dialect.  Try at translation:  redneck bars are for drinkin' and fightin' and any band there better be good as they will throw bottles if you suck.  Redneck bars know this and hang chicken wire in front of the stage but that doesn't help much if the bottle isn't empty.  Welcome to America!


Weird Old Guy Memory:  an Aunt from Australia came to visit in Cincinnati and there's a fairly high black population there, at least where we lived near the university.  She had various interests as she presumably had the same hotshot mind as my ol' Dad but my all-time, bell-ringing favorite was when she said, "I should like to see the dark people."

Unsaid:  You want to do fucking what?

Unsaid:  Go outside.  You will see dark people.  Say hello.

There's a Mount Everest of weird racial stuff in Australia but really all she was trying to say was she wanted to go to a Baptist church where people would sing and dance and feel the Feelin'.  That's a very American thing and, much as Sasquatch talks, it would be one blazing tragedy if whatever people stop showing that kind of passion.

No comments: