Thursday, October 16, 2014

Motley Fool Asks Which Were the Best Presidents

The results were intriguing as they're measured by increases in the S&P 500 with everything adjusted for current dollars, etc, etc.  The result is remarkable.  (Motley Fool:  The Best Presidents for the Economy)



Graph from the Motley Fool


I'm not interested in whether the S&P 500 is the unimpeachable predictor as they weren't all unimpeachable Presidents.  Whether the market in turkey buzzard futures is a better indicator of Presidential performance, I don't care.  This was the standard they used and the above was the result.

Reagan had a huge effect through military spending so the benefit to the stock market is illusory in that respect.

Interesting to me is that Eisenhower ranked higher even though he despised just about everything Reagan promoted.  Plus he was the last Republican President to build much of anything.  I admire Eisenhower.  Reagan ... pfft.  Over-rated actor / over-rated President.

It doesn't surprise me about Obama as it has amused the hell out of me watching conservatives lately stripping to their skivvies and doing a native dance around the fire as they prepare to take the virgins in the stock market.  They're making tons on all the stuff they said Obama was going to destroy and I find it most amusing to watch.  I still have no use for Obama but watching the conservatives dance around in their paint and their skivvies is funny and they damn sure ain't doing the Boogaloo although the Twist sounds about right.

No comments: