Thursday, October 30, 2014

Putting a Hole in the Holism

I suppose I alienate people because wimps won't be able to hack this part.  I should probably turn off 'friends of friends' in Facebook as I don't like the concept in any case.  In real, the tribe decides if a newbody gets in.  Man, if you don't like Astronomy, how could we ever talk.  Take a hike.

Hey, y'all, that guy didn't like Astronomy.

Booooooooo.

There are only about thirty connections in Facebook whereas previously there had been thousands.  The only way you can do that is by ignoring all these so-called friends as there's no possible way to keep up with what that many people are doing.

So.

You know how it goes with your posse or wrecking crew or whatever you call them:  it just takes one veto from the tribe and the new body will go plus maybe the one with the veto will go also just for starting a ruckus.  Can't have ruckus in yer tribe, can you.

I'll be sixty-four on Saturday and the VA will celebrate on Monday with another batch of tests.  My doctor asked me last time if I wanted to know what's busted and I'm starting to think it's best to walk away.  This isn't so much fatalism as management.  There's really nothing they can do as any kind of surgery will croak me anyway.  I'm thinking much better to focus on playing as that requires work, movement, heart pumping.  It's not cardio exercise but it's a honkin' lot more work to play than you may imagine.  The sweating isn't from stage lights.

In fact, you can see that in the "All But My Life" video as there's a point where I lose my footing while I'm playing but my arms are steel on the guitar as I'm damned if I'll lose the note.

I'm thinkin' VA puts a hole in the holism, if I may borrow a word a previous manager abused relentlessly, as the holistic approach or my interpretation of it is that positivity comes through focus on the music in the love and life and light that it brings as anything that detracts from those things is necessarily destructive of them.  That includes the negativity of constantly being reminded 'yep, you are fucked.'  I know that already and it's factored into things.  To keep being reminded just gives me termites.

Must think about it some more.  I need the prescriptions but I think I'm about done with the poking and prodding.  When each time comes up with the same answer, I'm not seeing a lot of point in it.

No comments: