Friday, October 17, 2014

OS X Yosemite and the Death of GarageBand

GarageBand was upgraded along with OS X Yosemite and the consequence is that loading the song on which I have been working so much lately results in a crash every single time.  There does not appear to be any information available from Apple and only one forum has anything recent.  There it confirms I'm not the only one but there was little value information in it (i.e. how do I fix it).

Longer consequence:  remixing other tunes I regard as 'greatest hits' is not possible.  The results of the EQ on "It's for You" were so impressive to me that other tunes beg to be jacked ... so long as they're worth jacking to start.  If it was recorded on the looper, it's hopeless.  There's no remix possible as the looper already mixed the instruments.  For anything else I can tinker but that goes back into Deep History.  I don't much like Deep History but there was some good stuff in there.

This shoots right in the damn head any idea of making a CD.


iTunes and its big deal recent updates display only elicits one question:  how do I turn it off.

This one is easy as click the arrow on the right side of the screen to select the Songs list and this can be managed just as before.  The Recent Updates display is inaccurate and useless.


The updates to Safari are just a joke, an exercise in comic cosmetic crapology.  I've been playing with it off and on all day and have yet to see anything of any significance.


There's more but so what.


My purpose isn't aimless grousing as I work this box hard in music post-process and video editing.  Anything that impedes that work is not an upgrade but a threat.  I'm pissed.  The CD is a live plan and this stops me cold.  It's all so kids can play with their tinkertoy mobile phones.  Kee-rist.


OS X Yosemite couldn't be more Microsoft if it came from a gigantic Bill Gates bowel movement.

No comments: