Friday, October 17, 2014

The Massive Musical Mudpie of OS X Yosemite and GarageBand

There are no announcements anywhere even to indicate the problem is detected much less resolved.

Just to torture myself, I tried GarageBand on an iPad to see if that would start.  Yep, it crashed too.  The second time it started and this is on iOS 8.0.2.

On Monday, Apple will come out with iOS 8.1 so I'm confident they can break the iPad version of GarageBand as well.  I don't use the software as I tried it on the iPad and quickly reached the To Hell With This point.  I thought now I might try a flanking move to try to get to my song.  Pfft ... did not work.  My estimation of GarageBand on the iPad remains the same:  To Hell With This.


Some of you try to fix it yourself when it gets like this.  The thought comes, hmmm, how about if I delete this or that.  Maybe then it will start.

Maybe it will ... or maybe you will screw yourself even worse.

So there's nothing to do just now except nothing ... wait.  There will be some news but meanwhile mixing is stopped and you bet I'm burning over it.

No comments: