Monday, October 20, 2014

The Timing of Serendipity is the Most Extraordinary Thing

Serendipity has no timing as if you try to time it then it won't work.  If you try to do anything to it then it won't work; it just happens.

And I opened a package to discover two cool Hawaiian t-shirts in it and one in blue looks really good.  The other one is a topic for Maui Wowee so that means there is excellent coolness .... ten thousand kilometers in either direction.

In fact, it's so cool there may have to be a Reverend Surfer Sasquatch broadcast as you've got to see this one.  The trouble with that is it's a wee bit dark in here.  I've been advised to turn on the lights but here's a quick note on the room physics:  the lights are on.

The shirts came from Laughing Gecko at a particularly bleak moment and it is still bleak but the t-shirts are cool and they get me thinking the iPad might have an actual purpose.  Yep, and that purpose would be a remote.

Some possibilities I have considered:

- Sandwich boards that read GET YOUR REEFER HERE.  I would not be carrying any reefer or money as obviously cops would take both but I'm thinking if I were to do this in front of a Taco Bell it could be amusing.  The trick is the hidden camera as I'm the only one here.  Good chance of losing the camera if they arrest me as if they know about it then they'll steal that too.

- Sitting about somewhere with a LOOKING FOR REEFER sign.  It can't be on private property such as at the QuickTrip or they can bust you for trespassing but how about a bus stop.   There is no violation of law so quite possibly I would get charged with disturbing the peace or one of the generic cop busts they can use to arrest you for existing.  The same problem exists in doing it without a partner is there's a good chance of losing the camera.

- Record a Sasquatch 'event' in a McDonald's and see what the Texans make of it.  Keep in mind that some unknown percentage of them are packing iron and you bet they take the guns into McDonald's.  They never want to leave that little metal penis alone anywhere.  Texans are a LOT more pretentious about language than in the North.  Here's the most murdering state in the country and the people get bent over swearwords.  We would need Vonnegut to come up with the word to adequately describe that phenomenon.

- Record a Sasquatch 'event' near Lockheed Martin, the factory that has created more death than possibly any other source than the Kalishnikov Rifle Co.  That place is like Area 51, tho.  If you even take a picture of it then you're a dirty terrorist and you can't date date conservatives or eat at Chick-Fil-A ever again.  (In fact, I never did date a conservative.  When any woman spouted that kind of stuff, I just walked away.  I can hear this crap on Fox News and I don't have to buy it dinner.)


Now, as a liberal, I remember both ends of the deal.  Conservatives only recognize the part in what they get.  To complete the deal, Laughing Gecko requests two official Silas Scarborough guitar picks ... BUT ... they must have been used at least five minutes.

I absolutely want to fulfill this ... but ... after using a pick for five minutes, you may not want it anymore.  I always, absolutely always, use Fender thin picks and their lives is hard you know, so hard.  I do have some backup (cough) lesser picks but those would not fulfill the deal and using them means nothing more would come from the guitar than the insipid crap Mankind Tracer plays.  (He's the kind of guy who plays for old ladies and fat girls on cruise ships so you definitely don't want those picks.  I don't even want them.)

Fender thin picks are my religion .... other than the Flying Spaghetti Monster, of course.  I got a gross or more of them before I left Rhode Island and there are about twenty left.  I figured when I ran out of them all the air would run out of me and I would croak.  That is somewhat less amusing now as that appears to be exactly what is happening.

Sending two picks to the Laughing Gecko would not compromise my long-term prospects because (sob) there are no long-term prospects but I have a contingency plan.  If I use the MT picks primarily then I can play insipid crap and live forever as the other eighteen Fender picks will not be gone.  The Flying Spaghetti Monster thinks he is so smart but let him figure out how to handle that.


Thank you, Laughing Gecko.  What you did meant more than you may know.  I appreciate it.

No comments: