Thursday, October 2, 2014

Silas Gig So Bad God Sent Electrical Storm to Stop It

"Necromancer" didn't work as I had no beat or timing.  "Empire" failed altogether the first time as the volume levels were impossible.  I started it again and still my timing is all over the place and it's like I'm racing the track.  I couldn't hear the guitar so well and that's part of it but it was still ferociously suckworthy.  I tried some softer ones likes "Wind on the Waves" and "On a Grecian Morning" and those worked fairly ok.

But I could see the lightning and hear some seriously booming thunder so I excused myself to take a look.  Just a short peek was enough to know to unplug the kit as one power surge will wreck your whole musical life.

So I stopped the gig and shut down.

By the time I had everything all shut down, the lightning stopped and so did the thunder.

You tell me that wasn't God saying You Suck.


I'm really not flogging myself as whether I'm good or bad really doesn't matter that much anymore. The only thing that counts is whether I can still do it and this wasn't a promising sign.

No need to evaluate anything just now as I'm tired and the rack is the best discussion of all just now.  I'm not depressed.  It's more like well, damn ...

No comments: