Friday, October 31, 2014

Speaking of Things Exploding - Update: No Explosion - Sorry

The mix for the home-brew fog juice is 80:20 distilled water to glycerin.  I couldn't get more than 16 oz of glycerin as the stuff is almost $6.00 a bottle so that means that on the eve of my sixty-fourth birthday, in the fading years, in the very twilight of my life, yes, finally I have a use for the old math puzzle.

I have a gallon of distilled water which is 128 oz.  For an 80:20 mix with 16 oz of glycerin, I only need 64 oz of the distilled water.

So, how do I measure out exactly sixty four ounces.


In the sixty years since I last saw this puzzle, I have learned one thing:  it is no more interesting now than it was sixty years ago.  The answer is that distilled water is .88 at Wal-Mart.  Pour about half down the drain and lose .44.  That's not going to change the level of starvation here.

Add the glycerin.  Shake it up.  Add to reservoir on fog machine.

Apply power.

Tick

Tick

Tick

It takes about a minute to warm up and make smoke

or

explode ... maybe.

No comments: