Thursday, October 16, 2014

Back on Track with Chasing Sasquatch Dreams

However long it was since the last blog article, that's how long it took to replace the intro / outro sections.  Out of that, maybe ten minutes was recording it.

That leaves the only other thing that's gnawing on me is whether the mix is the best it can be.  Since I ask, it must not.  Right now Final Cut is rendering the video again and that will keep it as busy as the White House looking for somewhere new to bomb.

Final Cut and GarageBand do cool things but they get the fans blowing double four time.  And that's hard with a fan.  Run them at the same time and the computer will explode.

There may be some things I hate more than studio work but I would have to think long and hard to find one.  I don't want to promote the music, edit it, bounce it off the wall to see if it's linguini, etc.  I like to play.  Anything that is not playing is wasting my time unless it's about love or music.

Of the studio things you can do, getting EQ levels right is, for me, far and away the worst as it's so damn fiddly.  An EQ may have fifteen or thirty frequency bands, as many as your twisted musical mind would ever want ... but what a flaming pain in the ass to adjust them.  OK, let's hit this one and see what it does.  One by one in the frequency area you think is interesting.  Screw that.

But it's necessary and it appears to be time.

Onward.

No comments: