Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Zero Sum Again in Fort Worth Rock House Female Factor

There is not a problem with a Female Factor as this is part of what makes life interesting.  However, a change in the Female Factor is of significance as one departed.  However, yet another came thus resulting in zero sum gain in the Female Factor for the general region.

The importance of this matter has nothing to do with sex but rather the one departing is a vampire and the one here now is not.

This has nothing to do with the sucking of blood but rather whether it is cool to make music between two and four in the morning, the damn coolest time to play anywhere in the Universe ... except for Washington, of course.  They banned it.

It's a bitch as that's when physical and vibe energy to do it are highest.  I never imagined it would ever become so difficult after I could hold the Galaxy Guitar over my head by the twang bar and have it in perfect control the whole time.  Now I'm happy just to lift the damn thing.  She is not a damn thing.  Not being able to lift her is a damn thing.

I hear you about walking, green vegetables, and all these things and I appreciate the thinking but this isn't going to stop.  That's not defeatism as things fall apart very quickly.  It's been less than a year to go from marginally-functional to almost completely useless.  I have not given up on anything as I tried the guitar again today and lasted between 10-15 minutes before I could hardly stand up and that's only wiggling my fingers.  It's possible if someone were here I would last longer as human energy does count but that still wouldn't change things by much.  Being alone is not what causes it.

I'm scheduled to play on Thursday but I'm thinking it would be better to talk with Cat about an alternative act we have discussed previously.  Unlike Facebook, I don't bring personal crap into discussing gigs.  This is music and Facebook is the stuff music doesn't need.

My preference now, assuming I play at all, is to do it unscheduled.  That way I don't have to meet any expectations other than those of Cat and no-one can punish her for opinions I express elsewhere.  There's no need for her to waste time with all the hassle of notifying people when they wouldn't come anyway.  There is no chance I will change my opinions nor will I refrain from expressing them.  If I leave no other record at all, I choose the one that remains is that at least one person protested.


This turned out much more long-winded than I anticipated but it's all part of telling you there is a reason for the preponderance of videos.  Even mixing music is constrained as I use a pair of Logitech headphones and mixing with them is about the same as using a can connected to the guitar with a string.  It's musical dodgeball and that's not a whine but rather a statement so you know I haven't given up on anything, the dance is complicated and my feets ain't that fast.

No comments: