Friday, October 17, 2014

More Video Data Recovered

The Deep Recovery is to look at Yevette's extra disks as I put backups there.  That was a hit as I found another 190 GB of material.  That brings it up to about .6 TB from archives.  There is a very high probability that a good deal of source video material is gone but this at least gives a shot at recovering some stuff.  "Waiting on a Train" is one of them and maybe it doesn't need anything but the ability to review the master would be good.

My preference is still to make DVDs rather than CD but YouTube will have to do.


There's a bit of a challenge in new videos as Fort Worth has zero photogenicity (yes, I do make up words).  It's just butt ugly.  Somewhere has to be and Fort Worth is.  Somewhere within all that butt ugly is video coolness but it would be a bitch to find.  Not that jetplanes are so interesting but I don't hear fighter planes anywhere near as much as I once did.  This isn't over the last year but since previous times when I've been here.  Normally they would be going over all the time and you can't mistake them because they're so damn loud.

What's photographically possible is limited and what's physically possible even more so.  Fortunately it's not much kit as it's a cheap light tripod and the camera is tiny so very little weight.  There can't be any help as there's no-one here but there may be something.  I know there is some kind of arboretum near here but pictures of flowers ... pictures of sunsets ... yeah, yeah.

I'm not interested in social commentary via video but scenes such as kids playing in a park or ducks swimming in a pond could provide the ambience needed for some of the material.  That's still almost as weak as flower shots or sunsets but it's way the hell more interesting than just another video of some guy playing a guitar.

There's also one I've never shot and that's one to come in on the finger moves for something with some cool lead lines on it.  I've never seen it from the perspective you see it as my view is the other way around so I'm curious to see what it does look like.  There also isn't anything that really really shows off the diamonds on the Galaxy Guitar.  I would like to see that and I think it would be cool to watch.

I have no idea what's possible, obviously not very much ... but ... I know for sure anything is impossible if that's what you believe.

No comments: