Friday, October 17, 2014

"It's for You" is Also It's for Real this Time

Right now "It's for You" is transcoding and that will keep it occupied for maybe an hour.  The video format is HD 720p which is the highest quality I can produce with the sources I mix.  That format means a large file size and the output movie will be .5 to .75 GB which means ferocious long to upload it and for subsequent YouTube reprocessing.  Which translates short to I am uploading it but every bit of this is highly time-consuming so it will likely be some hours yet before it's available.

It surprised me as it made me cry.  They weren't big gloppy tears but I got all misted up and, yep, that is yer definite Don't Screw With It point.

It looks a pretty fair job to me.  You've seen how long I've been screwing with it and you have no idea of how detailed and fiddly I get with it as transitions have to be exactly the right length and, what the hell, why not give myself a God-like voice, all manner of things like that.

This is not a downtown video as I'm just another gomer in a garage but I like the gomer vibe to it.  Too much polish pushes me away.  Yep, gomer video, that's yer answer.

Every aspect of it is the best of what I can do with it.  Who knows if that's the best musical style I do but it, for me, kicked ass on that one and the Mystery Lady is just blazin'.  I could be playing with the EQ and the drums forever so it's a little bit OK that GarageBand crashed and stopped me.  I do think it will stand up and I won't be kicking myself whenever I see it, going why, why, why didn't you ....


The video is still certified to be free of ducks and spray-painted Goth chicks singing in cemeteries.  There is also (sob) no twerking.  I'm not trying to be hip to know what twerking means.  I don't give a fuck what it means.  It's not in there.  Also, no boobs or other random body parts.  Boobs are everywhere lately as I hate my boobs, Kardashian goes bra-less, support breast cancer research, my boobs are so huge, and boobs, boobs, boobs.  Kee-rist.  So, no boobs.


It's kind of a video challenge as if your video is going to represent you then make it fookin' Represent!  It sucks taking time from the music but this may be the only vision of you some ever see. Shouldn't the video play as well as yer fingers?


This is ABSOLUTELY NOT a back-handed shot at Robert69 Little as he is recording something very different.  Capturing a live show in Second Life is light years away from jacking all the buttons yourself for something you make in your studio.  There isn't even a molecule of a point in comparing the results of either venture.  In my view, Robert69 does outstanding work with what is available to him.  He can't capture a high-res AIFF of your sound as that isn't what you sent to SL.  Understand how many people know he shoots these videos and use them as kind of a musical currency and then compromises on your perfectionism may become more agreeable.


Just checked progress on the transcoding.  It's over half an hour for roughly 20% of the video.  That means horizontal is a much better attitude for a couple of hours.

No comments: