Sunday, October 26, 2014

Politics and Screaming and Shouting

There isn't the heart in it just now although I will do a tour through the news to see if there's a Sasquatch in it.

The "All But My Life" video is very disturbing to watch as I had never seen that either.  I knew things got weird when I played and sometimes I fell but stuff happens and you recover, the show must go on.  I had no idea until I saw the video and it doesn't depress me but rather makes me all the more determined to produce whatever I can as music really is life.  You can see the truth of that in the video.

What I also know is I can't handle anything else.

Maybe it's The Beatles trippin' my stuff as will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four.  That's in a couple of days.  I don't think it's disturbing me all that much as it's a safe bet I'm fucked-up already.

The only thing I know for sure is that music is life is love is light.  It doesn't come from anywhere else and it never did.  You started with music and that was the beating of your mother's heart.  It was the light then and it's the light now.  And I do mean light as you don't even know what light is yet.  You don't even know warm and cold as you're always warm.  The only sensation is the heartbeat and that is what, I believe, you first 'see.'

Your mother's heartbeat also has a back beat, you can't lose it, as the heartbeat is always lub-dub lub-dub.  You've been rock'n'roll since your first li'l molecule popped into awareness.

A heartbeat at rest is usually about 70+ beats per minute.  A common song beat is 120 bpm and it's down to blues and anthems if you come down to the same rate as the heartbeat.  I think the lub-dub in your heartbeat is only one count so that would mean the actual musical heartbeat is around 140 bpm and that's definitely got enough speed to dance to it.  If you go up to 180 bpm then you're pushing very hard and that's really not for dancing.  Going much faster than that is usually just for tricks.

For example, "I Love Rats" is something I'll do at 160 or 180 bpm depending on how aggressive I want the rat love to be.  I suppose you could dance to it but you'd fall over dead at the end.


So I'll see if I can find any Sasquatch material in the news of the weird.

No comments: