Thursday, October 30, 2014

Aloha Laughing Gecko

There was no question of using a Laughing Gecko t-shirt for a video and I was thinking of Reverend Sasquatch but which one would be cool enough.

Thank you for the new one and the picks are not forgotten.  I'm waiting for the South California Purples to arrive.  I very rarely buy stuff so what is this wait for delivery business.  They should arrive 11-3 / 11-6.

The music has not been shelved for Sasquatch but there's a lot of pacing going with it.

There's not a long list planned for production so whatever the tune there will be a Laughing Gecko shirt in it.  The latest has a very cool thought to it and the blue is great but there might be a concern.  The blue laser is, by far, the most powerful so I might need to brush up on some physics as I'm not sure if the blue of the shirt will absorb the blue beam and negate it ... or if it will store it up and explode.  I'm a bit fuzzy on that.


The "Symphony for Cat" is big as I keep going back to it on the synth ... but it still bugs me.  It's got A/B parts and the chord changes aren't exotic but they flow ... but they only get so many loops before you want to get the flamethrower.

Something I've tried already was to modulate the A/B and do the same thing up 3-4-5 or whatever and that's ok for "Summertime Blues" but it's not going to do it here.  It doesn't have to be my magnum opus but it does have to not suck so it's interesting trying to siphon the suckage out of it.

The other approach is to use only the guitar and it is good that way as loops build quickly and they tend to be more intricate.  Both ways come up in screwing around working up something but I'm undecided.

I want to do something tomorrow so I can deliver it on my birthday.  From here out, they definitely need No Tears guarantees on them too.  I can't guarantee there will be no tears from the guitar playing but not from the content of the video.  Part of the reason I uploaded "All But My Life" is that it shocked me too.  So, ok, that was shocking but you can't dance to shocking so move along, move along.

No comments: