Monday, October 20, 2014

Denver Pulls Both Ways

The day-time temperature is in the 70s and 40s at night.  The house in Texas is colder than that in the day-time and it's not as cold at night but presumably up there I'm in a homeless shelter at night.

Walking is a major problem but there are four homeless shelters in Denver within a few blocks of each other.

The drawback is that it means talking to people as, after Facebook, there is zero interest in talking to anyone.  I've had enough stupid to choke on it.

I strongly suspect homeless people will be very much more interesting than anyone I've met in a long time.  One thing I'm sure is some percentage is not stupid but rather there is no other fit in a society that has made insanity a national standard.  The only sane thing that remains is to drop out of it.

The biggest problem is wtf do you do in Denver.  Without a guitar I am nothing.

(Ed:  with a guitar you are nothing)

True enough but I'm louder and it's more amusing to me.

The tingle on legal reefer would last for ten minutes or so as there's no reason to write poems or songs as no-one would listen to them anyway.  That's not self-pity but rather the effect of Facebook which did more damage to music than all of the grasping clerks of the RIAA put together.

No comments: