Thursday, October 16, 2014

Now "It's For You" is Mixed - Updated

The main reason for the update is the same as previous.  Check out when the last article and that will give you the mix time.

But

The interesting part, for me anyway, is the fourth bar is the one with the clammed chord.

So

I did the sleaziest musical stunt one can do:  cut & paste.  The first chord is the same one and it's not played the same way but jiggered a bit and it works.  The weird stuff is doing in graphics what your head does in the back as how far ahead of the beat does it need to drop to be right.  Putting anything right on the beat is almost always certain death.  Welcome to the Marching Band.

It's pleasing as that chord has made me want to jump out of the chair and fix it or strangle it but the means to fix it are highly-limited.  So this is a sleazy fix for that and I tell you shamelessly.


So now the new mix gets imported into Final Cut to replace the other one.  The trick is getting Final Cut to do it without buggering all to hell the clip placements as their locations are dependent on the changes in the music, therefore they are 'linked to it.

Something I tried was to sneak one in there, to replace the file with another of the same name ... but it choked on it.  I'm tempted to try it again as this is a digital music file so the length of it is identical down to its last little love molecule.  I must give it a go as this would save huge work / time.  The risk is that Final Cut has been getting more and more wobbly as I have piled more things onto the vid.  It crashed the last time I shut it down so what better time to do something to screw with it.  This may be a dumb ass move but I'm going to try it anyway.

Onward.


Update:

Exceptional.  It worked.  There is another mix now which is more software to mix all the video clips to produce the final vid.  I'm making it HD 720 ... but ... that is .75 GB.  If it looks that cool then it's worth it but I haven't seen it full-screen yet.  In the video editor there are multiple active panels and you need all of them so the actual video image is quite small.

We shall see.

No comments: