Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cap'n, Thar Be Lasers

Once I finally came up with a few dollars for some extension cords, most of the lights started right away.  There's one red laser that's acting congressional but all the others seem to do well.  The purples always were sissies so I didn't expect much from them.  There is one blue at 300 mW and that might be a bit excessive when the hand lasers are 5 mW but excessive is always good for video.

Whoa, the red is coming to life.  Maybe it's not a politician after all.


The next video won't resemble the last one.  I'm not apologetic over the "All But My Life" video but I know it was hard to watch.  The last part was very important as nothing else can say better that this is what things are now ... but I'll get up and do it again as soon as I possibly can.  I've felt fairly strongly there's the impression that I just sit around all the time feeling sorry for myself.  The video was, in part, to set that straight.


The next one will be for trips.  The smoke machine will probably work as the only things in them are a heater and a fan.  The fog juice is 80/20 distilled water with glycerin.  Metric is much better for working this as a pint is about 500 ml so a mix of 400 ml distilled water and 100 ml of glycerin should make smoke galore.  And the beauty part:  that stuff costs peanuts.  (At a music store, a 'pro' bottle of fog juice will cost $20-$25 a gallon and I am not EVEN kidding.)


None of this stuff has been used in years so right now it runs and colors flash all over the place.  I'll leave it like that for a while as I quite like it and I'll also observe for, erm, fires, etc.


It will probably take a few days to get this ready as the lasers need to be programmed and, all together now, COMPUTERS HATE US.  That will entail a period of button-pushing and then it will be time to shoot something.  All instruments must be part of it to satisfy me this is as trippy as I can make it.  Note:  there is a mike connected to the mixer that goes to the looper so I really could get a cow bell into a loop and I'm determined to do it at some time just because I never did.

No comments: