Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sasquatch Dreams Gets Closer

The only way to be sure is to watch it start to finish.  If there is anything in there that bugs you then it will keep on bugging you because you will see it every single time.  The acting is horrendously awful but, wtf, it's a Z-movie.

The object is dreams and I feel it as there is lots of transparency so things float in front and behind whatever you see.  The mix gives significant punch to the kick drum so overall I'm pleased with what comes.  It's already more than I hoped but I still wonder what else have I got that is worthy in the context and isn't in it just to be sentimental.

"It's for You" is a song we recorded ... after we had been divorced for ten years.  There's no need to say a word about the relationship as the song says it, particularly how it is sung.  The individual love story is complex but the concept applies to everything up to feeding African babies.  There's no need for politics as that goes to detail on something much larger.  The song is a tremendous editorial without making any political statement or being unfaithful or disingenuous with the meaning of the words and the face value context of them in individual love.

Maybe I praise myself but that's what is in the song for me.  I'm sure I had no idea of that when I wrote it but that's what it is to me now and why I work so hard on making this piece.

What's gruesome is that I clam a chord in the oh so cool intro section and it would be exceptionally difficult to do some sort of cleverness to cover it ... but ... then I think maybe I can copy the same chord from somewhere else and get away with it.  Re-recording it is possible but extremely difficult as well.  It's possible that could work ... cut and paste the mofo.

At that level of detail, it means the whole thing rolls well for me.  It has the continuity I want and I see multiple stories in it.  Just about ready for the loading dock to ship it.

No comments: