Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Monkey Elephant Lamp

A couple of days ago I remarked on the gorgeosity of a table lamp here as I finally found a light bulb and could actually see it.

Quickly recapping, I said it was clear why the Light of the Universe should shine from a monkey's tail but I wasn't clear on why the monkey had to stand on an elephant's back to do it.

Meditation followed.

Nothing happened.

Then I talked to Cat and she knew immediately of the Chinese association of characteristics to each animal and how this combination is much appreciated there.

The elephant is smart, considerate, and moves in slow, deliberate ways.  The monkey is quick-witted and good but is also prone to a bit of impulsivity so they work well together.


There was an end to the Monkey's Tale after all.

No comments: