Saturday, October 25, 2014

"All But My Life" - Silas Live at the MusikCircus for Cat

"All But My Life" was recorded with a live stream into Cat's Art MusikCircus.  She was the only one there and I wanted it that way.




The video shows what it looks like on the other side of the avatar.  You will discover the reason for the title if you watch it all the way through and you may find it hard to watch at the end.  It is very important you understand my purpose has nothing to do with sympathy but rather to show music is life.

As I am playing you can see wobbling over this and that but things seem more or less OK.  It's only when I stop you can see, holy mackerel, this guy is obliterated and obviously I wasn't stoned as I wasn't smoking anything.  One of my favorites is the only mistake in music is to stop.

The decision to upload it was difficult as I confess part of it is to show I haven't been blowing any smoke at anyone.  I'm a mess and this is way past anything inhalers and broccoli can fix.  The only life is music and to the extent I play I will live.  That's the part that's important and that's why I did it.

It's obvious but I'll say it anyway that it's a tribute as it shows how far I will go to play for Cat even if no-one else can hear it.  Someone wanted to tell me about love recently so, ok, tell me about love.

The Galactic Peace Tour intro / outro are important to me as there was the campaign to wreck it and the video shows they got their pound of flesh but the Galactic Peace Tour is not dead so long as I'm still standing.

The last words from German translated:  Always I will try.  I would like to play, I must play.  Above all for you.  I love you, my snugglebunny.

(Schmuseling is a word I made up because German needs something that means snugglebunny.)


The video shows the diamonds on the Galaxy Guitar better than anything ever did.  If you watch the stars when the guitar is turned toward the camera, you will see the number of them changing as it moves, they really do twinkle.  The Mystery Lady and I spent hours on a Summer day at a table in a park deciding exactly where every single one of those stars should go because, well, that's the place it needs to be.  Yah, Zen Galaxy, that's what it is.

No comments: