Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Ferrari F40 Versus a Ferrari F50 for the Finest Symphony

Some think Taylor Swift is sexy although we have no idea why but only nasty unwashed proles fail to appreciate the sexy sound of a Ferrari when it's winding through the gears and, in this case, there are two of them.

The Ferrari F40 is the last model which was blessed with a kiss or reasonable facsimile from the One True God of Automobiles, Enzo Ferrari.  Henry Ford made cars practical but Enzo Ferrari made them sexy and all but angry grass-eating heathens recognize the F40 as the most beautiful and best driving Ferrari there ever was.




Lotho is the only one I know likely to appreciate this one although Doc would as well but he doesn't come around too much.

Note:  the Car Banger Guy gets kind of psychotic driving the F40 ... but who wouldn't.


When the Car Banger Guy comes out of the corner in the F40, he has enormous trouble getting the power onto the ground and it's getting wasted in non-productive wheel spin.

I have never seen any car which drives so much like a go-kart and it must be such a gas to drive ... so long as you can afford the fuel plus a few million dollars for the car.


However, when Car Banger Guy comes out of a corner in the F50, there must be some kind of traction control in play because there's very little wheel spin.  Even though the F50's manners seem to be much better, the F40 was judged more 'live' for driving.

The car which gets the power to the ground without wheel spin is going to win the race but the win may not be so much relative to the joie de conduire (i.e. the joy of driving which gets sexier in French).

Ed:  do you speak French?

No and I'm not sexy either.  That's how it works, see.


Something always sexy is that Ferrari sound ... especially with two of them.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sounds are magnificent. While I will never drive F40 or F50. I have had the pleasure of F430 and 488GTB. My favorite is a Porsche 911 GTS It is the closest car to a go cart that I have ever driven.
He must have turned off the traction control to hang the back end out like that.
I am in search of a AMG S65 which I think maybe the best cross of luxury and performance well at least that I can actually have

Unknown said...

I didn't know what the S65 was but took a look. Whew! Twelve-way heated seats with that kind of performance and it has a highly beefy sound. I also saw the list on them. Whew again!

Anonymous said...

I quit buyi NH g out of the showroom years ago. I have no problem letting someone shake the new off it and bringing the price down at the same time. For real cool MB check out tje Mercedes Batman car

Unknown said...

When they last a hundred years or so, used for the Benz shouldn't be a problem unless you just don't like the color. It looks like the F40 is probably faster but it doesn't look like the S65 will make it easy and the exhaust note surprised me.

Anonymous said...

The F40 is a 30 year old car so there are alot of cars much faster but it is still Prima Donna.
Funny in the video how Nick Masons cavalier attitude about allowing the journalist access to his F40
MB are very protective of thier cars. Parts are crazy expensive to replace and they use a different diagnostic system than everyone else.
I am in the process of doing the front end of an E500 for a daughter. I could redo an entire front end of any other car for the cost of a single shock. But it should last her a good long while if she drives it normally.
But I have a good ol american truck that has almost 300k. Its greatest claim to fame is the sound system can be heard on a house roof over the noise of an air compressor. Note quite the sweet note of a V12 though

Unknown said...

For me, the F40 is the beauty of all beauties in roadway stylin'. I can't imagine, even with Mason's big bucks, I would be letting anyone near my F40. Noooooo. Take the guitar, my wife, my dog, my guns ... but not the F40.

The Sprinter is hardly the same scale but it shows Merc quality. I still believe it could have gone around the world. Most unbelievable vehicle I ever owned. To get that kind of quality with the exhaust note I heard earlier ... whew ... that's ferocious.

That Sprinter was the first non-Yank vehicle, other than bikes, I ever owned. So unusual that Dodge should rebrand it without really changing anything. The rebranding wasn't a ruse which gulled me into it. I just thought it was unusual but cool that any Dodge shop could fix them.

Anonymous said...

During that time Daimler owned Dodge

Anonymous said...

I have two Dodge Chargers built during those years. One is 10 years old with 180K miles. With only routine maintenance done to it. The 2nd just rolled 100K with only tires oil and brakes.
I think Nick Mason wanted someone else understand what he had.

Unknown said...

It's all so crazy incestuous at that level since Daimler Benz was the outfit originally so I guess Daimler came to own Benz and later Dodge.

No way I'll criticize Nick Mason after his family including his daughter has raced at Le Mans. He does seem to know what he's doing with Ferraris plus a whole lot of money.

Anonymous said...

I am sitting in N Shallowford Rd in Atlanta. Jusy heard a 488 go by. And 10 minutes later an orange Huracan went by. I will never own one but that was sweet as the Hutacan was kind enough to light it up after some simple prompting by myself

Anonymous said...

Sweet corner Audi R8 tries to front against against returning Huracan beig mistake. My joy to watch I think I will stay and see what happens next
I love to watch young dudes in real fast cars

Anonymous said...

Funny now old white women are scared of people sitting on the side of the road

Anonymous said...

Funny
As usual is this setting a young Hispanic man was,the first to see if I needed help or offer me assistance.
And Trump wants to send them back
Hell No

Unknown said...

I've got nothing bad to say about Hispanic people and they live all around here. Clinton tried to tag them as the reason she lost but there are many Clinton / Kaine signs on the street. This house was not one of them (larfs).

Unknown said...

My great automotive audio joy like that was on the Autoroute in France and they do have a speed limit ... but he was altogether ignoring it and he lit a Ferrari right up. The sound from the finest dreams!

Anonymous said...

Now should a police officer stop to see why a fat old white man is lying in tje grass next to a sidewalk in an affluent community or hope that nothing is wrong.
Two have driven by me while Igaze at the sky in an area that noone does this and zero reaction by police

Unknown said...

A whole lot of cops who just want to be cops are being painted really dirty by cops who are worthless pricks but they make it all so dirty that the regular ones are hardly ever seen except for rare twisted feature stories in which some cop saves an old lady's cat by giving it mouth-to-mouth or some such.