Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Texas Paralyzed by Monday's Melted Ice

It makes sense to shut down everything except hospitals in Texas when there's an inch of sleet on the ground.  Well, it makes sense in Texas.  It also makes sense the next day when most of the ice has melted.  And it makes sense the day after that because, well, Texas.

(Ed:  the new used computer is still in Salt Lake City shagging Mormons, eh?)

The bigger concern is Mormons are shagging the computer.  You've got to figure it's strange there as the land is so horrible they wouldn't even use it for Indian reservations.

(Ed:  there's someplace worse than Texas?)

When you have a large lake and it's so poisoned that almost nothing can live in it, where would you put it.  Tip:  the answer is not Texas.  It's also not the Dead Sea.

Note:  the Great Salt Lake is not poisoned by industrial pollutants, it's entirely the salt and any salt is poisonous if you use enough of it.  Even table salt will do it as your body tries to equalize the levels of salt in your cells by pumping more water into them.  That doesn't work because it brings in more salt and, ka-boom, the cells explode.

The original lake must have been gigantic, maybe covering much of Utah.  The water evaporated away, leaving only the salt and a whole lot of Mormons praying for fish.  Tip:  the fish ain't coming.  If you want fish, you need to go where fish are and, typically, that is not a desert in the middle of America.

(Ed:  what does this have to do with the situation of late?)

Nothing but I can't tell you any of that.

Well, there is some stuff that would be ok.  If you know the family, then this may make sense.  If I'm No. 1 then the situation is with No. 6.  Things weren't supposed to happen this way and it's extremely unsettling.  The only one who does not appear too unsettled by it is No. 6.

Various tactical aspects are taking place as those who can move into position and that will happen on Thursday.  That's when there should be a clear view of what is happening.  I don't want to talk to anyone until it's clear as things could go multiple directions.  Maybe it's all complete crap and nothing will happen.  That, actually, is the best outcome.  It's not likely and that's why I don't want to talk to anyone until I'm sure.  My privacy is not important but No. 6 gives hers some value and this isn't about me.

Mystery Lady, you and multiple of the regulars know No. 6 so I need to get some information out here but there won't be much and it's best to contact me via email.  Making an appointment sucks but maybe we can arrange a time to talk.  That way I can be hanging by the telephone around that time and will hear it ring.

For my own side, I'm not teary and wringing my hands as it's more a wtf, WTF kind of situation.  Maybe it's a bit like when Lotho and I were riding.  I crashed in front of him but, until he stops his bike, there's nothing he can do but watch.  Things happen that weren't supposed to happen and logic or reality won't mean very much when that comes.

It's a bit like when a friend and I thought it would be clever to drop some acid while we were on KP (Kitchen Police) in the Army.  Even more cleverly, we did not time it right as acid takes about an hour to get started so we figured we'd be blasting by the time we got out of there.  However, we did not get out of there and, after a while, I realized the huge frog in the back of the Mess Hall was really the Mess Hall Officer who must have been so busy he didn't notice the goofy stuff I was doing.  At that time I was the only one in there with him and there's nothing left then but saying to yourself, well, this is unusual.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never skied there but Snowbird is in Utah so the the state isn't entirely lost to brine shrimp and Mormons.


ML, I got your message. Did you notice the number for the Rockhouse in the card I sent??

Anonymous said...

Yes!! I will call now!!

Unknown said...

I only just saw your reply. It's 8:25 (Texas - 9:25 for you) and I'll go back to the phone right now.

Unknown said...

I'm back here now but it still may not work as sometimes the damn thing won't even ring. This telephone is cursed. Unfortunately, I can't burn it!

Anonymous said...

This is what I was watching--reminds me of "Boys In Hats"...the painting that got away--remember?

http://video.iptv.org/video/2200745636/

ML

Unknown said...

I have never forgotten that picture. It has haunted me!

One thing I'm not sure I want to remember is what it cost as I bet it was peanuts.

I was watching your video link and and there's Smallville again. The Amish may understand expectations best of all.

Anonymous said...

It was $200--never forgot it ! The video link I sent will remind you of it--the opening pic is great too!

Unknown said...

That's the curse of the unbought painting. Forever after it will follow you reminding you that you could have taken me home!

Anonymous said...

And the beautiful red coral necklace from St Augustine...never saw another one like it!

Unknown said...

Cars and TVs don't mean much but this stuff is important. I do remember that necklace and clearly. Who needs puka shells!