Thursday, February 12, 2015

"Burning the Hat of Eternal Accursedness" (video)

From the first minute this hat was in my life, miserable things started happening.  My musical kit was stolen, my tour was wrecked, the neck on the Galaxy Guitar either broke or was damaged three times, and I ended up sick as a rat with almost nothing.

I didn't realize the Hat of Eternal Accursedness was anywhere around and then I spotted it.  Things have been going pretty badly lately so here before me was the source.  There was one answer:  burn that bitch!  (I age-restricted the video because of the fire-starting and a wee bit of language)




This was more fun than I've had in some while, likely because, as some of you have noticed, my maturity never really made it into double digits.  And, besides, tell me you don't like starting fires.

My original thinking was to put it in the middle of the street and watch car smash it all to hell ... but ... there was another possibility someone might stop to take it.  That would transfer the Curse to some hapless, undeserving soul.  Or it could cause an accident and then I've got someone hurt and even more demons hounding me.  That ain't going to work.

Then I thought, hmm, let Tobey the Dog rip it to all to hell.  He was too smart for that as he could detect the Curse and he wouldn't go anywhere near it.  He is the hole-diggin'est dog on the planet and he shreds pillows just because he's bored but he would not touch the hat.  He wouldn't even take it and bury it!


Perhaps you scoff but after the burning of the Hat of Eternal Accursedness, Van friended me, there was a great show, Dann "The Mann" Russo helped out on the campaign ... how much more evidence do you need!

The video is about as immensely juvenile as anything I ever did but hopefully you will find it amusing.

As to the campaign, even without the Curse, it's going to be slow going.  Patience is the only thing that will keep the music alive but that's the only thing that ever did.  It's been over forty years.  Am I a rock god yet??  (laughs)  Yah, patience is important.  MTV will call someday, really.

Note to MTV:  please don't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was treated with fire retardant. Was that a gift from someone in your past??

Okay, I made a fool of myself in the Daevid post about 6 months to live...so I'm going to as and not comment about "the People of the Future"--what/who is that??

So dont scream at me--not buying pot or cigs should help the finances greatly...
ML

Unknown said...

The hat was to me but it wasn't for me as it didn't even fit. I figure it came from a pawn shop or something. If you think about it, I'm sure you know how the hat got here and why I burned it (laughs).

I won't stop smoking reefer. I just can't afford it. Cigarettes are, by the far, the biggest budget killer plus Silas killer and that I actively fight to stop.

I'll write a bit on the People of the Future.

Anonymous said...

I had a hunch about the hat--bad karma.
Was waiting to see Toby the dog but you know how dogs are--they have special senses--guess he got away from the evil smoke. I would like to see the little guy sometime tho. Joy was waiting to see him too! Was he rescued/abused? Why does he cower?
It was good to hear you laugh and it was so much fun to watch!! ML

Unknown said...

There is a Tobey the Dog video coming. I did shoot one but realized I got the house number into a bit of it and that's too much personal information. If Yevette wants to reveal her personal stuff, that's her choice to make and it's definitely not mine. So, I'll try again as I've been promising that for a while. Part of it is so Yevette can see her critters and that I really am taking good care of them. She has been gone for a long time now so that's a chance for her to visit with them.

All of the critters were rescued from one situation or another and someone must have beaten the bejeebers out of Tobey the Dog. It's taken a lot of loving him up but slowly it has worked and he is trusting me so that feels pretty good.

You're right about him rejecting the hat. I did give it to him to chew it up but he rejected it immediately. Dogs ... they know!