Tuesday, February 24, 2015

How Texas Houses Are Like Volkswagens

While there is no obvious resemblance, it becomes immediately apparent when the temperature goes below freezing:  both Texas houses and Volkswagens come equipped with heaters ... but they don't work in either one of them.

Houses in the North are insulated much better and they stay cozy inside.  Down here in Texas you find your own insulation (i.e. blankets) when Winter starts and wrap up in them until Winter stops (i.e. two days later).  You make your own heater by pulling the blanket over your head and breathing. (Don't tell me you didn't do this when you were a kid.  Well, it still works.)


Contact has been made with Cincinnati.  My focus must stay as it is until I'm sure of what is happening.  The problem is not mine but it is serious nevertheless.  I don't want to talk to anyone online or offline until I know what's happening.  That doesn't mean I want to review the situation at any time with anyone, I just have to get things settled so my own view is straight and I know my moves are right.


Meanwhile, the new used computer wants me to thank the weather gods for the Winter Storm Watch as it's stuck in Salt Lake City where it's surrounded by whacked-out Mormons praying for fish.  We don't know why they want the fish.  They're Mormons.  We don't know why they do anything they do.  But we also don't care so there is no philosophical turmoil.  Besides, we don't see it as a religion so much as Joseph Smith's narcissism anyway.  And that religion has got my damn new used computer.  They better not try to have sex with it.  You know how those Mormons do.

Note:  if Mormons offer you a truce, do NOT accept it.  Brigham Young massacred an entire wagon train and he did it under a flag of truce.  Yah, and you were going to elect Mitt Romney.  Again, the knowledge of history stuns me.

So, yah, it's cold, life is twisted more than usual, and Mormons have computer-napped the new used machine.  (I'm not suffering, I'm just cold)


The CD is paused but not stopped due to problems, philosophy or simple online ennui.  It's just not the time for that.  It shouldn't be long but not right now.

No comments: