Friday, February 27, 2015

All ... or At Least the Computer ... is Lost ... Sort of

The new used computer arrived in Fort Worth on Wednesday.  That's also the day it was supposed to be delivered but Texas was still reeling from the effects of the Great Texas Blizzard of 2015 on Monday.  It had melted by Tuesday but Texas was still trying to understand it.  "If any of y'all know what that stuff was, call us at Channel 5, you hear?"

The status changed at UPS on Thursday to say it would be delivered on the 26th ... yesterday.  The status never switched to Out for Delivery so there was no clear move but, down here at the Fort Worth Rockhouse, this is a huge deal so there was only one answer:  stay on station until you know.

There is one tiny problem with staying on station.  At the front of the house (i.e. the station), I can sort of hear it when there is someone at the door but I can't use the telephone.  In the back of house I can hear the telephone but I can't hear the door.  It's a good sized house but it's not huge.  What it has is an unusual design and I think sound gets confused trying to get from one end to the other and ends up going out a window.

As of this evening, the delivery date has not been updated and the status is unclear.  We are all clear what that means, yes?

(Ed:  they lost it?)

Well, let's just say they don't seem quite sure of where they put it.

There is still no tragedy as I refuse to let this become part of the focus.  It was already scheduled or it wouldn't be part of my interest at all just now.  So it's a hassle and I'll deal with it and eventually something good will happen.

There really is no tragedy as the computer is safely in a box somewhere.  If it really is lost then the money gets refunded or I get different one.  The machine has none of my data so it is easily replaced.  It's just a hassle for a while.  I figure things will get sorted overnight and the machine will arrive tomorrow.  We'll see.

Meanwhile, there are two more videos in the Snakepit series and I even break the guitar in one of them.  No, of course it wasn't deliberate.

No comments: