Monday, February 9, 2015

The Great Damiana Experiment

Damiana is a legal herb that's said to have a relaxing effect by the herbomambopeachologists so I shot a video of an experiment.  I rated it 'no kids' as it would do them no harm and the advice not to use synthetic reefer is sound.  Nevertheless, I don't need wild-eyed cranks in my face.

As to the results of the experiment, well ...



(Ed:  if you can shoot video, why do you need a computer?)

Because it doesn't have enough power to process it in Final Cut.  For this one I didn't edit it at all as I wasn't willing to spend the hours processing it.  And that's just for simple edits.  If there are multiple video tracks, the computer will just stop.  There's no point in even trying it.


Audio Interface Update

No chance it's here unless it shrunk to the size of a guitar pick.  However, the approach probably would not have worked.  My requirement is USB Audio Out on one USB port and USB Audio In on a different USB port.  I'm not sure OS X can handle that.

Whether it's all over or not is unclear.  I'm not seeing any particular support for it and I've shared everything I've ever done.  If there's no demand for it then there's no reason to keep doing it.  From what I heard of the Grammy's tonight, rock couldn't be more dead if you hit it with a fifty-pound sledge.  Lots of stars but very little action.

3 comments:

Shockgrubz said...

Some of the JWH-9 legal weeds actually used damiana
as a base. Some 'experts' claimed that smoking too much of the damiana would cause adverse effects. I'm not sure if they're right, but I turned out ok.

Unknown said...

No chance I would ever screw with synthetic reefer again. There was no doubt in me that I was dying. It took a team of people to cool me back down again over some hours. Sorry but I don't know what variety it was.

Note: I've smoked reefer for well over forty years. The reaction to this stuff surprised the hell out of me.

Unknown said...

Based on the experiment with Damiana last night, I conclude that isn't what did it (laughs).