Thursday, February 26, 2015

On the Team

After using the expression, 'on the team,' it's not only clear I am not fit for socializing, I should be murdered for the good of the language and the good of the species.

I don't want to be on any team.  They all wear the same shirts, have a secret handshake, and put date rape drugs in the punch at parties.  I definitely don't want to be on a team.  That's not sexy at all.


The Mystery Lady talked yesterday about overload from politics as it's a never-ending blast from everywhere and you can only get away from that in the place where you can pull the shades and shut it out.

There's not much to analyze any more as we goin' get blowed up or we ain't.  Maybe we do, maybe don't.  The part that sucks is when they launch we will have fifteen minutes to think, fark, those stupid mofos really did it.  Part of me does get a kick out of the idea of a few cranks with a penis complex having the power to blow up the world without asking anyone.  It's so insane it's almost erotic.


My preference is for my own insanity and I tried some DVD ripping yesterday.  This is good sport for when you are thinking about something as you start the process and then it shows progress bars for half an hour or so.  You can go off and think your little thoughts and it will dutifully show progress bars.

The result was a good but not perfect rip of the "Rehearsals" DVD.  There's a problem with the audio sync and I don't want to re-assemble the pieces in Final Cut because that will mean it gets transcoded multiple times.  The quality is good as it stands but that wouldn't last after it gets re-processed a few times.  It will come out of that like deli meat.

There is definitely one more DVD here of a Silas Extra-Crispy Christmas.  I have no idea what's on it.  Yevette said there may be copies of the two discs from the last concert.  I'm not sure if there are any more DVDs after that.

(Ed:  you don't keep track of them?)

I make a DVD and it's up to the Marketing Department to keep track after that.

(Ed:  what Marketing Department?)

Well, see, that's the problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats what I'm talking about! ML

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlzci1rKNM

Unknown said...

Hell of a thing that such a voice is singing for change on the street. There's no editorial as that's music all over these days but dayum!