Friday, February 27, 2015

"On the Road with a Mouse and a Chicken" - Silas Scarborough (video) - 2009 - Snakepit 4 of 4

Caution:  lasers but no flashing lights or scan patterns (i.e. probably harmless)

That caution may seem overdone but that's for No. 4.  Maybe this seems like S.P.E.C.T.R.E and Thunderball but No. 4 is real and, I believe, in Cincinnati now so I hope to make contact today.

wtf ... like this blows her security (laughs) ... No. 4 is Tinkerbell.  You've got her all figured out now, yes??





This is one of my all-time favorites to play even though I recorded an extra bar that has confused me every single time ever since.  Part of why I like it is that it taunts me, could you please get the count right this time.

Using the lasers made it the hardest to record of anything I've done.  Imagine playing your guitar while you wear biker gloves (i.e. with the chopped-off fingers).  Here's a super groovy metaphor ... or analogy ... I never remember the difference:  trying to play a guitar with laser gloves is like trying to use Tupperware as a condom.  Happily, I have no experience with the latter.

(Ed:  actually that was a simile)

Fuck off


The title is stoner crap but not so much as it may seem.  The mouse is for the computer but really I mean the cursor as people heard me in gigs multiple times going on, where's the fucking mouse.  I'd keep moving it around but I couldn't see it on the screen.  The chicken is straight-up as you're already ignoring the chicken in going on the road in the first place.  It's ok if he comes so long as you don't listen to him.

It's funnier to hear Euros swear in gigs as swearing in a second language is hilarious every single time.

No comments: