Friday, February 13, 2015

People of the Future and their Help

The Mystery Lady is one of the People of the Future and how much anyone kicked up toward keeping me alive is not the measure of being one of them.  She thinks she made a fool of herself when I published article about Gong and greeting death but the failure was in me.  Given my own situation, I should have made much more clear the article was not by me.  Sometimes I like to write all trippy like that so it was an easy mistake to make.

Lotho didn't seek any recognition for helping but it would have been difficult to hide or I just did a bad job of it.  He has helped enormously and much of it such as staying at his place has been so obvious there was no way hiding it anyway.

The only reason for mentioning the People of the Future is that there are some who have insisted on absolute anonymity but there is the potential for help from that front.  That part is important so you know the situation is still probably hopeless but it's not completely hopeless.

The biggest embarrassment lately hasn't been the Mystery Lady but me in completely misreading comments regarding my situation from Lotho.  I thought they were from a musician who was hooting me and the thinking was I make up this stuff.   I've been ultra paranoid (e.g. everyone's laughing, etc, etc).

That's also why I was specific with my comment on Obama that 'this was not a flip flop' as flip flopping for the sake of making things right with Lotho is a good reason but the article spells out why I wrote it and no point in restating it.

I did make the mistake of revealing one of the Absolutely Anonymous People of the Future and backtracked to erase what I had written after I realized the mistake but that can't happen again.

It's still not clear how things will go.  I have got the laptop running again but it will go back into the shop tomorrow and I don't know how long they will keep it.  That will get the DVD out of it but there's no Miracle Cure in that.  It will help performance a little bit but not much.

(Ed:  what's that have to do with performance?)

The system will try to spin up the DVD periodically and that's a time-consuming waste (e.g. slows launching, file open, etc).  Fixing that won't change the hours and hours required for Final Cut to render a video, tho.  It also won't make the screen big enough to see.  I got a new prescription for glasses last year and already it's a bitch reading the screen again.  From more than about a foot away, I don't see anything but colors on it.

The big problem is likely how can anyone understand the need for spending that kind of money on a computer.  Most probably don't spend very much as you can get a Windows machine for cheap and that's enough for social networks which is all many need.  Those machines couldn't even wind the windows up and down on the stuff I or any (cough) artist does with a computer, particularly with video as that's the most compute-intensive thing you can do with a home machine.

The machine I've selected is not even close to the most expensive Apple makes and it's not even the most expensive iMac (i.e. it's not the 5K iMac).  I've reviewed this extensively as, what the hell, I've sure got the time and I regard this as the best value for the money Apple offers.

The only answer is patience.  I don't know the solution but I do know and accept it won't come quickly.  It is frustrating as all blazing hell but at least I can burn a hat once in a while.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So like say a laptop(other than a Mac) with 8GB and 1TB HD for around $600-$700 wouldnt do it--cause its Windows 8. It must be Mac cause all your stuff is Mac? Or 8GB quad core ADM 10 1TB HDD. Dont know much 'bout 'puters. ML

Unknown said...

Thanks for looking but Windows couldn't work. All software would need to be replaced and I've seen none better for video than that which runs on the Mac and which I already have.

This is ultra-geeky but Microsoft had a war with Apple on QuickTime and lost but the result of it was huge incompatibility between video on Windows and on a Mac.

I do appreciate you looking and I don't dismiss the suggestion out of hand. I've used Windows for video processing and it doesn't come close to what I can do with a Mac. Gates should have made a deal with Jobs as what he did screwed every computer video artist on the planet.

Anonymous said...

https://www.powermax.com/page/used-macs

Anonymous said...

Here's a 17" 8 GB:

https://www.powermax.com/product/pow-t51647


$1,500.
ML

Unknown said...

Not a bad tip. Thanks!

I found a 27" iMac for $1169. It's not quite a match as it's not much faster than the laptop but the screen space is a big win. There might be a good value in here and I will keep going through it.

Very cool! Thanks again!

The closer I can get to a 3.5 ghz I7 processor on a 27" screen, the better. I7 is significant for processing power and you will see much more commonly the I5. I did already see one I7 so this could possibly work.

Anonymous said...

Yep! I too have the "old eyes" problem--(I get 225+ or 250+ OTC's eyeglasses). The laptop would have the portability --could not even cvonsider something under 17". Good Luck! ML

Unknown said...

15" did work for a while but it's just ridiculous trying to make video on it. I feel ok that I pushed it as far as it will go but it can't do no mo'. I'm surprisingly not crazy about it as burning that hat really did make a difference in flushing stuff out. I just did some video of Tobey the Dog and it's uploading now and you definitely won't hear psychotic in it!