Saturday, February 14, 2015

Report from the People from the Future

This was a surprise as they said hold off for the new one as then no chance of failure or no more than the chance with any new gizmo.

More analysis is required as there is a range of iMac machines on offer at PowerMax, some of which are relatively-new.  The problem to solve is finding an answer to why anyone would sell a relatively-new machine when Apple has not recently-released an upgraded model of iMac.  I see a good many have a bugged video card but that's an easy and inexpensive fix (i.e. Apple will do it for free).  If hundreds can be saved just by taking the machine for a service from Apple, why would you not.

The regulars know how fast I like to move and how fast I can move ... and how often I crash into things when I do it.  My foot still hurts from Nice.  Any idiot can break one foot but it takes ingenuity to break both of them.

Side-note: it surprised the hell out of me with my foot as it showed just how easy it is to ride a scooter.  It wasn't until I got to lefty's place that I walked very much and suddenly I couldn't do it.


The inspection of any machine will be total as one example of the need for that comes from eight USB ports in action from this laptop.  Not all cables are connected but they are all plugged.  Part of the reason for leaving some of them plugged but disconnected from a device is then I don't have to play around finding the cable to upload from a camera or so.

Apple systems have been in my life since somewhere in the early 80's so you bet I will inspect this machine.  The peepers aren't good enough for taking the small ones apart anymore but you also bet I know what I need in them.


This is slow and it's frustrating but there's a surprising peace after the Burning of the Hat of Eternal Accursedness as the specific idea was take every damn thing in your life that has been a damned thing and burn it.  The maniacal laughing is because I could feel it working and there actually has been a bucketload of good things that has come since.  Believe it or not as you will but I was not high.  Cat's suggestion was inspired.


There are two things I can do almost for sure with Yevette's machine and those will be talking tours in Fort Worth.  It's not a photogenic city but there are lovely things and there are Botanic Gardens not far from here.  It's still early but it's worth scouting it.  That one I may try auf Deutsch so I can take Cat there as I did with Olympia but the one Yevette wants to see and most likely the request from many is for Tobey the Dog.  Yevette hasn't seen her critters for about four months now so that's the first priority.  Tomorrow is unlikely due to grass-cutting so maybe I will go to the Botanic Gardens but Tobey is coming soon.


Another thought was to a driving video to show how close they built the Wal-Mart because it will shock Yevette but that's a monster security violation as you only have to watch the video backwards to go straight to Yevette's house.  That ain't going to happen.  However, once I'm out on Jacksboro Highway, it's ok as that road probably goes all the way to South America so showing that to you won't reveal any security problem.


I'm open to requests.  Music is in the toilet for now so that sucks but that just means what else can we screw up.  Yevette said there is some kind of water garden where they filmed part of "Logan's Run" in the 60's and that would be worthy.  There is my own thought of going to a used bookstore.  That sounds like it would be immensely boring but I think it could be good footage and possibly very cool for music at some future time.  Consider Voodoo's closing song tonight, "My Old Friends," a song about getting back in touch with friends from whom you have not heard in a long time but don't want to lose.  That's not an exciting thought but it's a beautiful one and I see something related coming out of a used bookstore.

So, if you want something cooler than a trip to a used bookstore ... easy ... come up with something cooler than trip to a used bookstore.  The only consideration is there can't be any revelation of any of Yevette's personal information (e.g. no house tour, etc).  When I complain of NSA theft of personal information, it's a highly stupid thing to put personal information where they can steal it.  There's nothing to hide, it's just none of their business.


Part of the objective is to play film maker a bit and accumulate footage to be used in coming music video.  The water garden and the botanic garden could be splendid for some type of soft ambient set.  I really am interested in suggestions as I know almost nothing of Fort Worth and very rarely go more than a few kilometers from the house in the rare event I go anywhere.  The Stockyards are an obvious call but maybe that's a problem being too obvious.  They are not Texans in the Stockyards but tourists.  That can be kind of cool as they were fun to watch in Katakolon.  We'll see.

No comments: