Saturday, February 28, 2015

Silas Christmas Extra-Crispy Version 2010 DVD

The contents of this one were a surprise:

The Space Between Things - as trippy as possible w/post-process compositing
Them Bluez - bluez and trippy don't work together, mostly
Martian Jams - medium trippy (lasers but no post-process)

"The Space Between Things" is already on YouTube as a single but I'm pretty sure "Them Bluez" never has been and I'm definitely sure the "Martian Jams" bit has not.  All of these ones are based on a looper rather than my tracks and that has one immediate consequence:  they get much longer.  Even with only three songs, this DVD may well run out longer than the last.

This DVD is about a year and a half after the last one and a whole lot of bad things have happened in the interim.  More were about to come and by that time I probably expected that to happen.  It was an exceptionally strange time but the Galaxy Guitar gets all twinkly in the videos and that's what really matters.

There is no rip as yet but that's an inevitable short-term project.  Yevette said she may have the two discs from the Cincinnati concert and I will search for those later.  For me it's not such a flattering set as it was more about being an emcee than a guitarist but there was coolness in it in many different ways and for multiple people, particularly the Mystery Lady, Donika, and The Raven, all of whom completely owned it.



Maybe this looks like nostalgia and maybe it is but I look at it as preventing things from getting thrown away when they're worth keeping.  That means a whole lot of things as everything fits into everything else.


To the practical side of it, this is all toward elimination of any plastic from my life to whatever extent I can do it.  There will never be anything but digital releases from me from here out except for special requests from friends.  There's one active request and I haven't forgotten, that's just not the focus just now.

No comments: